Tuesday, September 12, 2017

The Press of the Text: Festschrift for James W. Voelz

3
Back in May a Festschrift was published in honor of James Voelz who has worked across many topics in his career including Mark’s Gospel, Greek grammar, and occasionally matters of text-critical interest. Sometimes the three came together as in his NovT essay “The Greek of Codex Vaticanus in the Second Gospel and Marcan Greek,” which I remember reading with interest in seminary.

I haven’t seen the book in person, but thought I would let our readers know about it. You can see the table of contents below with articles on TC by Elliott and Kloha that will be of interest.



3 comments

  1. Elliott (p.81) describes the current situation in Münster as "... a committee of editors meeting in solemn conclave to produce a running line of text ..."

    Why is it that I think I see Dan Brown alrerady planning his next book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you, Jim. Well-deserved honor indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pic was taken in my house! Thanks for honoring Jim and for commending this to the community.

    ReplyDelete